The first step to creating a cozier guest room is making it comfortable and inviting. Guests love to have extra space in the room, so try to include a seating area. This can be as simple as a lounge chair with a side table and a floor lamp. It can be placed next to the bed or near a window. It can be used as a reading corner or even a water dispenser.
To create a cozy guest room, make a bed so that it is as cozy as they wanted. Also, stock up on extra blankets and pillows for guests. A basket filled with toiletries is a great idea, and small bottles of shampoo can be easily refilled. Also, stock up on extra pillows for the bed and add a few throws. You can also add some fresh flowers to the bed, but keep them out of sight to avoid attracting unwanted visitors.
Some Tips For A Guest Room Setup
A warm welcome tray is the first step to creating a cozy guest room. Be sure to provide plenty of soft, comfy blankets for guests. You can also place a small ottoman at the foot of the bed for extra blankets or pillows. You can even add a couple of lamps to each side of the bed. A welcoming guest room will make your guests feel like they’re at a five-star hotel.
Providing adequate lighting and outlets for your guests is another essential step in creating a cozy guest room. A lamp on either side of the bed provides extra light and helps them feel more comfortable. It’s also helpful to provide enough outlets and plugs for their electronic devices. If you are not a fan of wallpaper, you can also consider using a decorative accent. Adding a wall-mounted mirror and a few decorative pieces on the wall is a great way to create a cozy guest room.
Be sure to replace any outdated items in your guest room. For example, replace the bed with a new one, and add a nice throw blanket or decorative pillow to make it feel even cozier. You should also stock extra linens and towels in your guestroom to make sure your guests can find the perfect linens. It’s also important to give your guests a clean and comfortable room, as it can help them sleep better.
A welcoming tray is essential for your guests, and you can make this even more inviting by providing them with a cozy bed. A basket with a few extra blankets and pillows will help your guests feel at home in no time. Similarly, a few decorative items on the floor will make the room appear more inviting and add instant character. Putting in a welcoming welcome tray and a welcome basket will also make your guests feel more comfortable.
Creating A Cozy Room For Your Guests: Some Tips
Guests appreciate cozy, inviting spaces, so be sure to include extras. You should add a comfortable chair next to the bed, especially if you plan to have more than one guest stay.
- Put a coffee station and bottles of water on a nightstand. You can even set up an iPhone charger or a jewelry tray. It will also make your guests feel welcome. It’s also a good idea to add a small desk or chair.
- Make sure to include a mirror, a lighted clock, and a radio. You should also provide towels and toilet paper, as well as iron. If you don’t have one, purchase one to keep on hand. If your guest is staying for an extended period, consider putting up a dresser. A carafe of water on a side table is a nice touch, and it will allow you to easily refresh your guests.
- A seating area is a must for any guest room. You can place a small lounge chair or a small side table. You can also place a floor lamp. You can place the seating area near the window or the foot of the bed. When you want to add extra flair, you can also add decorative pillows and a small framed print. These accessories will instantly soften the decor and make it more inviting.
- If your guest room doesn’t have air conditioning, consider putting a portable or ceiling fan next to the bed. If you can’t grow plants, use faux ones. You can also put a carafe of water on a side table. If you don’t have a separate room, you can put a daybed in the corner of your living room. Your guests will be glad they stayed.
- While a guest room is not the place to use bold colors, you can experiment with bold designs. Choosing colors that you can tolerate is a good option if you have a spare bedroom. Using color and patterns is a good way to create a sophisticated look in a guest room. While you might be tempted to use a few neutral colors, you can mix and match for a cozier, more inviting space.
- Providing guest rooms with extra amenities is essential. An alarm clock and a water carafe on the nightstand will help your guests stay longer. A coffee pot and a mini-vanity are great for a guest room. If you have a separate guest room, place it in the back of the house. Keeping the space organized will help your guests feel welcome. The best guest rooms are also functional. Incorporating some extra storage space will make your room look more spacious.
- A guest room should have enough space for comfort. It should have a robe and slippers, and a carafe of water will keep guests refreshed and hydrated. Having an extra television and DVD player is a must. A nightstand should also contain some books, especially mystery-type ones. For an extra touch, place an alarm clock and a radio on the same wall.
Creating a cozy guest room is easy if you know what to do and where to start. A guest room can be as simple as a lounge chair and a small side table. A floor lamp and a coffee table will make your guests feel welcome in your home. It is also helpful to have an extra set of towels, a robe, and an extra pair of slippers. You can even use a daybed in a corner of the house if you have limited space. Do whatever you have to do like flipping or rotating mattresses at intervals to keep the bed soft and comfortable.
In addition to the standard amenities, a guest room should also include a seating area. This can be as simple as a chair and a small table and a floor lamp. It is best to place a single lounge chair near the window or the foot of the bed. Adding a floor lamp can make a guest’s stay even more comfortable. A coffee table also makes a guest’s room more convenient and livable.